Topbait Rat Bait Stations are a high-quality, tamper-resistant bait station that protects children, pets, livestock and wildlife from accidental bait and trap exposure. The bait is securely placed inside the station making it impossible to be carried outside. The stations can be utilised indoors or outdoors.
*Bait blocks are not included and are sold separately
Further Product Information
Steps on how and where to place the Topbait Rat Bait Stations:
- Before placing the trap in the chosen spot, you need to clean up and make sure there are no scraps or anything the rats or mice might eat. Once these food sources are removed from the environment, feeding on the bait will become easier.
- Place the Topbait Rat Bait Station/s in a cold damp location/s where rats and mice are most active. If you are placing a bait station in the kitchen, put it behind the fridge or another spot that keeps it away from children and pets.
- Once the station/s are placed in the optimal spots, do not move them as Rats, and mice, are smart and may become suspicious of the moved station and will avoid it.
- Rats tend to eat more than mice, so if need be, replacing bait inside rat stations more frequently will help keep rat numbers down. When replacing the baits, wear gloves as the rats or mice will detect your sent and then stop feeding.
- Placing alternative food within the trap before may calm the natural suspicions of both the rats and mice and lure them in more quickly, once the trap starts to smell of rat/mouse more and more rats/mice tend to begin entering the trap.
Repeat until no sign of feeding
Situation – Domestic, Commercial and Agricultural Buildings
Targeted pests – Rats and mice